Meatless Monday! MMMBap... Bibimbap Recipe!Read more
Patients and friends, alike, ask all the time, “What’s your favorite healthy snack? What do I eat when I want something sweet and savory?” Well, now you have it: Stuffed Dates!
With only 3 ingredients, this recipe is quick and easy to make with all whole-food ingredients. The sweetness of the dates will satisfy any sugar cravings, while the healthy fats from the almond butter and chopped pecans will quench your hunger and keep you feeling full longer.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get to it…
- 5-10 Medjool dates (organic, if possible)
- Almond butter: crunchy, unsalted
- Handfull of chopped nuts*
*Your choice: pecans (my favorite), macadamia, almonds, or walnut
1. Slice dates down the middle with a knife. Remove pit.
2. Add small spoonful of almond butter to perfectly fill the date.
3. Sprinkle with your choice of chopped nuts: *pecans, walnuts, almonds, macadamia (and add to the plate, too, for garnish!)
See, there you have it. Healthy, savory, sweet, soft, and crunchy. Bam.